The Owensboro-Daviess County Regional Airport is undergoing numerous improvement projects across all aspects of aviation. The aim is to benefit all users, and projects included focuses on general aviation, as well as corporate and military needs. The newly upgraded runway can easily accommodate heavy cargo operations, military deployment, and any large charter needs.
A full service flight school, Eagle Flight Academy, operates out of the Airport facilities, educating the next generation of pilots. Our recently updated tower benefits these flight training efforts.
Below are some of our recent updates and ongoing projects.
- Rehabilitation of the primary runway (Runway 18-36)
- Rehabilitation of crosswind and secondary runway (Runway 6-24)
- Construction of a new Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Access Road
- Airport Master Plan
- Airport Drainage and Survey
- Advertising facilities and available land for lease