What is the demand for commercial pilots?
- 600,000 pilots will be needed in the next two decades
- 12,000 pilots short in North America alone by 2023
- 60,000 pilots short globally by 2029
- The U.S. Air Force is currently over 2,000 pilots short of demand
Why is there a Pilot Shortage?
- Retirement – 50% of current pilots will retire in the next 15 years.
- Pilots must retire at 65 years old
- No longer a military feeder system from World War 2, Korean War, or Vietnam War
- Middle Eastern and Asian airlines are luring American pilots
- Required training increased from 250 hours to 1,500 hours in 2013
- The number of training hours required has increased the cost to become a commercial pilot to $125,000-$175,000. No college loan program or other government assistance is available
What we have done to help
Created a workforce development program that offers:
- Quality flight training in a Cessna 172
- Flight training at a discounted rate
- Guaranteed job placement at a highly respected airline
- Training cost reimbursement